Tuesday 7 October 2008

IS IT TUESDAY ALREADY?

Is it just me or does time seem to be flying by at the moment? The days seem shorter, punctuated by ever expanding darkness at either end. Getting up feels so much more difficult when the duvet is warm and the room is cold. I feel like I've just got a constant 'to do' list at the moment both at work and home. My 'work' inbox today topped 500 emails for the first time in a while. Inbox Zero doesn't seem to be working!! I noticed today that I've been going about my daily business for the last week with a sense of normality, like everything is ok again. But actually it takes a day like today to make me realise I'm still kind of pretending that everything is ok, and that inside I still feel all over the place from time to time. Grief is such a bizarre thing. I've never known anything like it really. But I take comfort in having an amazing Mr Monkey to help me make sense of things, and fantastic friends who are at the end of a phone, email or cuddle. If you are reading this and fall into that category, thank you.

And for those of you who still can't make out that Photoshopped face below, it's none other than Christina 'Xtina' Aguilera. Seriously! How sad that a successful young woman is presented to the world in such a manipulated way.

Anyway, back to the inbox........

No comments: