Sunday 10 February 2008

KERRY ON INSOLVENCY

Today's "news" that Kerry Katona is heading for bankruptcy comes as no surprise.  Frankly I'm amazed she's lasted this long!  As someone who sees her job as 'being famous' I would have thought the bank had ample opportunity to foreclose in the last 10 years.  As someone who shot to fame in Atomic Kitten before quickly leaving and admitting she didn't sing a note, I find it hard to understand her appeal.  Marrying the fat one from Westlife was a lazy move.  Leaving him was stupid.  Since then it's all just chaos and scandal, building a media image out of car crash moments and frightening near misses.  And still, she's annoying and offensive.  Take her latest column in OK magazine for example.  Our lady of letters produces a classic sentence in every paragraph.

On Health Ledger: "I read that he wasn't sleeping very well.  I've had insomnia before and it's the worst thing".  

Yes, awful. Especially compared to death by accidental overdose.

On reality TV:  "I think Big Brother should officially be over.  I'm over reality shows.  I know I'm doing this MTV reality show, but I don't think I'll be doing another one"

No!  Could that be because nobody wants to see one?

On Amy Winehouse: "I'm glad she's gone into rehab.  She should stay there until she's better"

Kind of stating the bloody obvious there don't you think?

On Lily Allen: "Lily had a miscarriage and that's sad.  Obviously I've had a miscarriage scare with this one..."

WHAT?  Obviously??  Scare??

On reality TV (II): "I would love to do Strictly Come Dancing if anyone out there is listening"

How cheap and desperate.  Frankly Kerry, we're not listening.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ooo me-ow!! lol!