Wednesday 20 February 2008

VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR

More good news in the world of tech today.  The BBC has announced a version of their iPlayer (making the unmissable unmissable) for both the iPhone and iPod Touch.  Now this in itself is a fairly minor issue, but for me it marks the beginning of what could completely change the way I watch TV.  The Virgin version of Sky+ has already given me control over what I watch and when, but it's really just an easy to use VCR.  What the iPlayer / iPhone combo will do is give me the ability to watch BBC programmes on my phone wherever I am.  So it doesn't matter when it's actually on TV, I can watch it a few days later.

This is where things start changing!  It's time for the consumer to take charge.  Start a revolution etc!!  Say "NO" I will not watch the programme when you show it, I will watch it when I bloody well want to.  

Interesting times my loyal readers.  Interesting times.

No comments: