Monday 3 March 2008

IT'S TIME TO COME OUT


My name is Paul, and I am a Westlife fan.

For years I have kept this shameful secret to myself.  Skulking anonymously on fan forums.  Secretly listening to Flying Without Wings in the car and turning it down when pulling up to traffic lights.  Downloading tracks from iTunes because the shame of going to HMV was just too much for a grown man.

But hurrah!  I'm not alone!  20,000 people including me screamed their lungs out last night at the o2 arena.  We looked each other in the eye and stood tall.  We raised each other up.  In the bubble of the dome, there was no reason for shame.  This was our world.  A world of our own.  And we rocked it.

Westlife are great live!  They sing their little socks off and do a  bit of Irish banter, as well as unleashing a bit of grown up male sexy energy on the crowd.  They are a lot ruder in real life than on Saturday morning TV!  Hips were swayed.  Groins were thrust.  Arses were felt.  Poor Mark must have to shower in ice cubes every night! (Actually at the moment it looks like he showers in lard but lets not go there).  It was a good little concert.  The boys did well.

And the best bit of concert merchandise?  A pair of little white pants that said "I'll let you in where no-one else goes."

ie up the bum.

Rude boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you bought some pants.....