Sunday 9 March 2008

PREMIUM MY ARSE

I was probably hatched inside an Advertising Agency focus group.  I am a marketeer's wet dream.  The mere mention of my name causes groups of ad account managers to start wanking like an angry orchestra.  I am an easy sell.  Sometimes I am happy with this, sometimes not.  A recent example of 'not' was when I decided to treat myself to an infrequent diet coke.  I used to drink gallons of the stuff but now it's a nice occasional treat.  So imagine my delight when I saw Tesco's new "American Premium Luxury Diet Cola" (and that's really what it's called) which claimed to be full of the best cola nuts, rich vanilla and exotic spices all combining into an unforgettable taste experience.  Well, someone saw me coming.  It tasted awful.  Like 9p Value Cola.  I felt so suckered by the label.

On the other hand, I can fit right into a stereotype when it suits me. A recent survey declared that Apple Mac owners are more likely:
  • to be perfectionists 
  • to use notebooks
  • to use teeth whitening products 
  • to drive station wagons
  • to pay for downloaded music 
  • to go to Starbucks 
  • care about "green" products and the environment
  • to own a hybrid car
  • and last but not least ... to buy 5 pairs of sneakers in a year
I can say yes to 6 of those claims.  I will let you decide which!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I cant admit to doing any of those now that I am a Mac owner but maybe that doesnt count for much considering I bought YOUR old Macbook!

Anonymous said...

You'll be whitening your teeth next, just you wait.