Thursday 3 July 2008

FAMOUS PHOTOGRAPHER


My poor heart skipped a beat today. At last, fame beckoned. The lights, the lights. Why, you ask, did I get so excited? Well faithful reader it humbles me to tell you that I am finally and proudly a published photographer. It's the start of a beautiful and immensely powerful career I can tell.

Well, kind of. In fact not really but bear with me while I tell you the story. Those of you who know me are aware of my budding photography hobby. So you can imagine how pleased I was to get an email from a company called SCHMAP asking if they could use one of my Boston photos in their new online tour guide. Woo Hoo! No money changes hands, but fair enough at least I can say I'm featured.

6 months goes by and I totally forgot about the whole thing, until the other day. An email. The guide is now published. My photo is there! Quickly, I click on the link.

My heart sinks.

The photo they chose to use is one I took of the inside of my hotel room in Boston. It's horrid! Clothes are strewn over the back of a chair. And the worst thing? It's not even the hotel they have it listed as.

So, lessons learned: always check what photo is being used, and always ask what it will be used for.

Check it out by clicking the photo above, or look at their iPhone emulated version at:

http://www.schmap.com/?m=iphone#uid=boston&sid=all_lodging&p=19351&i=19351_1

It's a humble beginning, but a beginning nonetheless. I am grateful :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belgium - Brussels - 2007 - The Chinese Pavilion (if you care to click through everyone else's photos first). At least my pants weren't draped over the fine decorative wood panels, I suppose...