Tuesday 20 May 2008

HUH? (IN A SCOOBY DOO STYLEE)


Could someone explain this please?  Call me a cynical old (almost) Generation X-er, but don't you need at least 3 albums to qualify for a 'best of' collection?  Even in todays disposable pop market, surely there's a sense of arrogance and dishonesty from a record label to churn out a greatest hits on the back of a lame Eurovision entry.  Especially as all the tracks are covers. Maybe this is just the way things are going.  Pretty soon I will be releasing a 'best of' album which will be followed by my first single but not before I've gone on tour.  Sadly the tour will have to be postponed so that I can go into rehab and deal with the drug and alcohol issues I am about to develop.  Hopefully my first celebrity wedding will delay those issues for a while.  Isn't that how it's all done these days?  Oh and can I just take this opportunity to show a middle finger to Chanelle (I spit as I type the name) and her disgustingly shocking vile single that crashed into the charts at number 63.  She had 'vowed to quit the music industry' if it wasn't a hit.  Don't let the door smack you on the way out will you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Presumably the first track on Andy Abraham's "best of" is "My old man's a dustman..."