Thursday 8 May 2008

TANGLED UP

I go to a lot of concerts.  I love them.  The smell of the crowd, the roar of the merchandise... it's all like honey to the bee for me.  Aside from a full on rock gig (does RHCP @ V Count?) I've done all the styles from stripped down to high tech.  Boy Band to Girl Band.  Madonna 1990 to Madonna 2006.  There's something so amazingly exciting for me about how an artist chooses to visually interpret and present a product which is essentially an aural one.  So, step into the press Ms Kylie Minogue who launched her new tour in Paris this week.

As you know I've often been a bit comme ci comme ca about Minogue (K) and I guess she's a bit of an easy target when the issue of copying Madonna comes up.  Her last album was good but not amazing, and watching her promote it on various tv shows made her look slightly desperate and usually badly dressed.  So I was wondering what the X2008 Tour would be like, and contemplating putting my tickets on eBay in case I was in for 2 hours of 2 Hearts.  However after seeing the opening night photos it's more a case of be still my beating 2 hearts.  Check this out!

That single image has got me totally excited about this tour.  It's amazing!!  It evokes all kinds of references: Kiss of the spider woman / Metropolis / Borg Queen.... it's all just so un-Kylie.  I am not foaming at the mouth for July to come around and amazed at the power of a single image.  

No comments: