Saturday 17 May 2008

WHO REVIEW 4.7


Mixed bag this week on Nu-Who.  I found myself absolutely loving 90% of this episode: the claustrophobic set, the stereotyped but 3d characters, the Agatha Christie effect.  However, there were bits that just totally got on my tits.  I actually thought that the sci-fi elements really felt out of place and clunky which is strange for a Dr Who episode.  The human-wasp thing was just annoying, and as for the psychic connection to a necklace that ignited a latent wasp inside the long lost son.... do what? Come again? 

Overall it was a great story and I can't fault the actors this week.  Just a shame they had a script that was full of clangers that distracted from an otherwise outstanding episode.  Without the wasp I would give it 8/10.  With wasp, 5/10.

No comments: