Thursday 21 August 2008

DON'T MESS WITH HER



I absolutely love Roseanne, she's mad as a box of frogs.  I particularly like the fact that she still has an outlet, through her blog, to speak her mind and comment on the injust and insane.  Have a look at roseanneworld.com to read her latest battle of words with John Voight which is turning really nasty.  He must have a big pair of balls to take on Roseanne.  She's always been one of my favourite celebrities, and her autobiography "My Lives" is a book I would happily buy for every one of my friends and family to read.  Far from being mad, Roseanne is insightful, cutting and obviously a very funny and talented writer.  I was lucky to see her doing live stand up a couple of years ago, and while there's a sense of bitterness in her after the American public and media fell out of love with Roseanne, nobody can doubt the impact she has had on not just popular culture but the role of women in comedy altogether.

So Roseanne, keep on writing and keep on shaking things up.  And if you would like to go on tour again I'd happily put some ticket money your way!

2 comments:

cchristo said...

I love her! My mom used to think she was hysterical and watched her show every week.

Anonymous said...

I love Roseanne!
She is currently playing a low-key comedy act in Las Vegas at the Sahara, and I was lucky enough to get free tix (as I am a "local".)

She is the greatest!
Check her out if you get a chance to get to Vegas!