Wednesday 11 June 2008

USELESS IDIOTS

Our home internet service went down last night, which caused me within 15 minutes to sweat profusely and swear at the useless lump who answered the phone at Virgin Media. I think I may have addiction issues.  The 'best' they could do is send a technician round on Saturday afternoon.  Neither efficient nor convenient.  Anyway there's only so much ranting you can do on an overseas call so I swallowed my rage and agreed.  Facing 4 days with no internet.  It made me suddenly realise how much of my life is lived online!  I couldn't blog.  There was no way to work out how many points are in a salmon fillet.  The latest episode of my favourite podcast remained undownloaded.  Thankfully, it only took a few minutes to find that one of the neighbours has an open wifi network so I was surfing again in no time, but that's not the point.  This morning our own service has miraculously resurrected itself which now leaves me with the dilemma of do I cancel the techie for Saturday and have a nice day out, or play it safe just in case it falls over again.  The lesson I did learn from this whole thing is that Virgin Media customer services suck balls, and that even the 'let me speak to your supervisor' move was pointless.  I don't care where in the world the call centre is based, I just wish they would employ people who had the power to make decisions and solve problems.  Four days with no internet, with my reputation?  I don't think so Mr Branson.

No comments: