Wednesday 4 June 2008

WHO REVIEW: 4.8

Just thinking about this episode makes me shiver slightly.  It was really quite creepy and absolutely brilliant.  The trailer for it 2 weeks ago made no impact on me whatsoever, which is probably why I waited 3 days to watch it.  What a shocker - it was amazing!  One of the best episodes ever in my opinion.  Set entirely in the confines of 3 or 4 rooms, it followed on from "Blink" but this time the statues spoke and the shadows killed.  So many excellent threads which were all given space to breathe - a first for this series - and at the end all the threads were dangling.  Genuine danger, unanswered questions and a whole can of worms on the floor.  I am totally excited to watch next week.  Who is Alex Kingston's character and where can I get a Tardis journal?  Is it all in the mind of the little girl or is she somehow linked to another planet?  Will I ever be able to listen to a 'data ghost' without a shivery spine?  Oh and as for the rest of the series trailer: Rose, Daleks... total nerdgasm.  This is what Saturday night TV is all about.  Even if it was watched on a Tuesday.

No comments: