Sunday 20 April 2008

THE EGO HAS LANDED (FROM SPACE)

A lovely bit of serendipity happened yesterday which is worth noting.  Events like these occur now and then, but rarely does anyone put it down to anything other than mild coincidence.  I like to think it's the universe's way of saying "everything is connected" and that us mere mortals are given a glimpse of it now and again.  

Months ago I downloaded "Call of the weird" by Louis Theroux after I heard the audiobook recommended on a podcast.  Finally on Thursday I got round to listening to it in the car.  I absolutely agree with the recommendation as it's a great read (or listen).  Much of the content is to do with UFOlogists and Abductees.  People who on face value sound totally bonkers but are absolutely fascinating.  It made me want to find out more, so I did a bit of wilfing around UFO websites on Thursday night.  

I finished the book on Friday, and decided to listen to some music on the way home from the gym.  I am SO BORED of all my music at the moment.  To put this in context, my iPod has 9754 songs on it and I am bored of every one.  The music industry is in a shocking state in my opinion.  So, random play was pressed and up popped Robbie William's Rudebox.  Now this is an album I haven't listened to properly for over a year at least.  I have to say it was way ahead of its time!  The kind of sound he created on that album is exactly what is in the charts at the moment.  Very Calvin Harris style 80s vibes.  Rudebox is sorely underrated in my opinion so if you have a copy give it another listen.  It did make me wonder what on earth has happened to Robbie?  He has totally vanished from the public eye in recent months.  I had read somewhere that he was releasing another swing album (Let's Swing Again) for Xmas 2007 but nothing ever appeared.  In tribute, I changed my Facebook status to a line from Rudebox and hoped Robbie was ok.

Saturday morning.  Guardian Magazine.  Robbie Williams is now a UFOlogist!! He has made a programme for Radio 4 with a journalist friend all about the UFO phenomena, in a Louis Theroux stylee!  *Twilight Zone Music*  It's actually a great article which you can find here.  I can't wait to hear the programme now, and am grateful to the cosmos for bringing all these strands together for me in such a clever way!!  Not so sure about the beard though.

No comments: