Sunday 27 April 2008

WHO REVIEW 4.4

10/10.  I absolutely loved this episode!  It felt like traditional, old-school Dr Who from the 70s but with production values.  Even Martha couldn't spoil it for me, although "It's Martha and I'm bringing you back to Earth" should have been met with a hard slap rather than a cuddle.  Good performance from Catherine Tate, behaving in ways we don't expect her to.  Great visuals, amazing lighting, fantastic effects.  And as for the Sontarans.... sign me up!  I was always too short to be a Cyberman.   It was great to have a cliffhanger episode where everything did actually seem like it was going wrong, and that the Dr didn't know what to do.  It's about time.  Smartarse wears thin after a while.  And ok so I was shouting "Brick the window" at the end, but that's all part of the fun.  Can't wait til Part 2.  Hopefully CloneMartha will drive into a river with RealMartha in the boot.

No comments: