Sunday 6 April 2008

WHO REVIEW 4.1


It's back!  The best series on TV hit the ground running this weekend with one of the better Episode 1's in my opinion.  No need for character introductions or analysis, it was straight down to business for the Doctor and Donna.  I was surprised how un-annoying Catherine Tate was, and hopefully she will stay that way for most of the series.  She was actually really funny in places - a strength which I hope is maximised by the writers.  It was good to deal with the whole 'love interest' issue being swiftly and deftly dismissed from the outset.  No more dewy eyed companions please!  The episode was clever, witty and touching.  A great start.  And Rose was there!  Oh my god Rose was there!  

A couple of nitpicky criticisms.  Why would someone with a time machine sit in a cupboard waiting for 8 hours?  How did 1 million customer details only take up 10 sheets of A4?  Oh whatever, I'm just looking for faults now.  It was great, I loved it, Saturday (or Sunday) nights are cool again.

I wonder if the disappearing bees will come up again?  

Allons-y!

No comments: